Welcome To BHARATH
The first self-financing Engineering College in the name of Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) was started in Tamil Nadu in 1984 by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust, established by the academic visionary Dr.S.Jagathrakshakan. The trust then started Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital, in 1989. Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital was first recognized as a Deemed to be University by MHRD in July 2002, under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 under the new trust Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER). The Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) was then brought under the ambit of Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) in January 2003.
Later the following institutions of the trust were brought under the ambit of BIHER
- Sree Balaji College of Nursing, Chennai
- Sree Balaji College of Physiotherapy, Chennai
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital(SBMCH), Chennai
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences (SLIMS), Pudhucherry
- Bharath Institute of Law, Chennai
- Bharath Arts & Science
Thus, Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) is a multi-stream and multi-cultural university, providing high quality education to nearly 10000 students from around the world. It is functioning in a sprawling area of 305 acres of land located in 4 Campuses both in Tamil Nadu and Pudhucherry with the state of the art infrastructure facilities. There are 1300 Teaching Faculty members in the University to teach UG and, PG programmers and to guide Ph.D. Research.
"We at BIHER envision and constantly strive to provide an excellent academic and research ambience for students and members of the faculties to inherit professional competence along with human dignity and values to serve the society at large".
- To develop as a Premier University for Teaching, Learning, Research and Innovation in par with leading global universities.
- To impart education and training to students towards creating a better society with ethics and morals.
- To foster an interdisciplinary approach to education, research and innovation by supporting lifelong professional development, enriching knowledge banks through scientific research, promoting best practices and innovation, industry driven and institute oriented cooperation, globalization and international initiatives.
- To develop as a multi-dimensional institution contributing immensely to the cause of societal advancement through spread of literacy, an ambience that provides the best of international exposures, provide health care, enrich rural development and most importantly impart value based education.
- To establish benchmark standards in professional practice in the fields of innovative and emerging areas in engineering, management, medicine, dentistry, nursing, physiotherapy and allied sciences.
- To imbibe human dignity and values through personality development and social service activities.
A History of Enlightening Students
Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) is one of India's leading institutes, with more than 10,000 students and 900 faculty members. The areas of excellence range from engineering and medicine to management and humanities. We live in an increasingly interconnected world that faces challenges and complex problems on a global scale. At the start of the 21st century, BIHER is uniquely prepared among the other universities by its breadth of scholarship, entrepreneurial heritage and pioneering faculty - to provide research and real-world approaches to address many of the current issues.
The era of globalization means many things to Bharath: research on issues relating to science and technology, exchanges with foreign universities, overseas opportunities for undergraduates, and collaboration. The University embarked upon ambitious strategic initiatives to ensure that Bharath continues to educate future leaders and to find solutions to the most pressing global challenges through its International Advisory Board with eminent scholars from 40 top universities/organizations across the world, Corporate Advisory Board with eminent executives from 215 leading companies, Faculty Abroad Program, Student Semester Abroad Program, Research Institute, Innovation in Teaching and Learning Pedagogy, and Diversity of students from 52 countries and from across India.
I am happy that you are joining our Institute for pursuing the course of study of your choice. This introduction to our Institution speaks of those features that reaffirm our faith in, and commitment to, the essential task of helping you transform yourself into a careerist in dental, medical, engineering and technology.
I am sure you will make the best use of the programmes offered, facilities provided and opportunities created here in your interest. I am quite confident that you will address yourself to the tasks of learning with a tremendous sense of involvement and come out successful with flying colours in your cherished endeavour.
Let me greet you at the beginning of an academic journey towards the goal of a rewardingly prosperous career.
As per the UGC guidelines, Bharath University is regularly conducting the meetings of Statutory Bodies such as
- Board of Management Meeting
- Planning and Monitoring Committee Meeting
- Finance Committee Meeting
- Academic Council Meeting